First off, allow me to send my gratitude to one of my fellow blogger: soswitcher, for his kindness to teach me about how to add alternate text to blog images. Actually i have known for a long time that adding alternate text to blog is very heplful to improve our ranking on search engine especially when people are searching certain image. But i doubted that it is possible to add alternate text to blog images, so i gave up on it (i was a fool at that time). Now, i have no doubt that it is possible to add alternate text to blog images, moreover it is easy to practice, and you can do it in less than 5 seconds!
adding alternate text to blog images
Basically, the "alt" attribute allows you to specify alternative text for the image if it cannot be displayed for some reaason.I know that adding alternate text to your blog images is very basic. But i'm surprised when i see a lot of bloggers forget or maybe don't know how to add alternate text to images. And i will show you how to see alternate text of an image:
- First, right click on a picture you want to see.
- Then click on Properties
- You will see all description contained on that image including the alternate text.
As you can see, the alternate text of the example is "adsense cpm pay less". Otherwise, if a picture doesn't have any alternate text, the alternate text properties will show "blank" instead of the proper alternate text.
This is very basic but very vital for your ranking on search engine. If you have read google SEO starter guide, you could see that alternate text is the best way to tell the search engine what is your page telling about besides keywords and meta tags description.
how to add alternate text
Let's see how easy is adding alt-text to your blog image. I suggest you to use 'Windows Live Writer' so you can follow below procedure easily.
- Click on a image you want to add alternate text.
- On 'Image Properties' panes (you can see it on the right side of your editor), click on 'Advanced' Tabs.
- Look at the bottom section: "alternate text:" is where you have to add your alternative text. Fill in the text box with appropriate alternate text that specify what your image is.
That's all! now you have alternate text on your image.