In this article I will show you how to uninstall Windows Messenger on your XP. Yes, for some people who already have MSN messenger on their XP apparently they don’t need 2 free messenger programs from Windows, because so far MSN messenger is better than Windows Messenger so I’ll show you how to uninstall Windows messenger that will save your drive space.
- First thing you need to do is go to drive C:, click twice on folder named Windows, and then click twice on ‘inf’ folder.
- After that, you need to find sysoc.inf , and click twice on it
- Now in this step you have to make some modification on the code. First you have to find this line on the component section.
4. The next thing you have to do is delete the words ‘hide’. And it should now look like this:
5.After you have done it, save the file and close it.
6. For uninstalling your Windows Messenger, go to Contol Panel – Add or Remove Windows Components. On the list you should see “Windows Messenger” Check the box beside it and click next and follow the next instruction.
7.Finally, you have done with your job. The last thing you need to do is just restart your computer to see the result.